Re: [Rollei] Diane Arbus Exhibit

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Roberts" <giantfrog  >
To: <rollei
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Rollei] Diane Arbus Exhibit

> > I also attended, about two years ago, an Ansel Adams
exhibit, many images,
> > perhaps twenty of which we are all familiar with, and
two or three times that
> > many others.  Most were totally forgettable, and to be
honest, not all that
> > great even as prints. Intrinsic value aside, I doubt
that I'd care to own
> > prints by either of them.
> >
> > G. King
>
> I must have seen the same exhibition, when it was at the
Photographers'
> Gallery in London. The only picture that moved me (at that
time) was one of
> 'Old Faithful'- the backlit one out of the four that were
shown of this
> geyser.
>
> Terry

  This is interesting. I saw a large coffee table book of
Arbus's collected work at Border's books last night. Its the
first collection I've seen in print. One problem with
hearing commentary on her work is that its hard to find
examples to look at. I didn't think to look at the
publication data for this book but its recently published or
it wouldn't have been there.

- ---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA