Re: [Rollei] Stereo

- --=====================_12441890==.ALT

At 09:24 AM 4/18/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>One of the joys of med school was learning how to "read" stereo xrays (eg,
>a skull) w/o stereo glasses.  You cross your eyes, producing two visual
>images.  The trick is to hold your eyes crossed and eventually your images
>will fuse.  Voila, stereo!  Although I'm a bit out of practice, I love to
>do visual stereo anytime I'm presented with the required two images.  Try
>it, it works!
>     ... but beware of your mother's warning: "Stop that this
> instant.  Your eyes will get stuck like that!"
>Huff

Remember all those 3-D books which were published about 15 years ago?

I could see the images in them so I guess I might be able to become a
doctor if I work on the other required skills.

Sincerely,

Don Williams

Feynman quote-
When it came time for me to give my talk on the subject, I started off by
drawing an outline of the cat and began to name the various muscles. The
other students in the class interrupt me: "We know all that!" "Oh," I say,
"you do? Then no wonder I can catch up with you so fast after you've had
four years of biology." They had wasted all their time memorizing stuff
like that, when it could be looked up in fifteen minutes.

Richard Feynman, in Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!

- --=====================_12441890==.ALT

At 09:24 AM 4/18/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
school was learning how to &quot;read&quot; stereo xrays (eg, a skull)
w/o stereo glasses.&nbsp; You cross your eyes, producing two visual
images.&nbsp; The trick is to hold your eyes crossed and eventually your
images will fuse.&nbsp; Voila, stereo!&nbsp; Although I'm a bit out of
practice, I love to do visual stereo anytime I'm presented with the
required two images.&nbsp; Try it, it works! <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ... but beware of your mother's warning: &quot;Stop
that this instant.&nbsp; Your eyes will get stuck like that!&quot;&nbsp;
Remember all those 3-D books which were published about 15 years
ago?&nbsp; <br><br>
I could see the images in them so I guess I might be able to become a
doctor if I work on the other required skills.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Don Williams<br><br>
Feynman quote-<br>
When it came time for me to give my talk on the subject, I started off by
drawing an outline of the cat and began to name the various muscles. The
other students in the class interrupt me: &quot;We know all that!&quot;
&quot;Oh,&quot; I say, &quot;you do? Then no wonder I can catch up with
you so fast after you've had four years of biology.&quot; They had wasted
all their time memorizing stuff like that, when it could be looked up in
fifteen minutes.<br><br>
Richard Feynman, in Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! <br>