- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-rollei  us
[mailto:owner-rollei  On Behalf Of Jerry Lehrer
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 1:21 PM
To: rollei  us
Subject: Re: [Rollei] Scissors straps on eBay...

Roy
On the contrary, I believe that auctions are very efficient, at separating
fools from their money!  And I speak as one of those fools.  In a frenzy
I have overbid at the beginning of an auction and hopefully waited for a
bigger fool to outbid me.  Most of the time they didn't.  Proving that I
was the biggest fool.
Jerry
Roy Majoe wrote:
In all likelihood, it's because of trigger-happy ebayers who don't know any
better -- case in point -- the same strap was offered by the same seller in
a different auction (closed an 15 min. later) and that one went for $86.
Just shows you how inefficient auctions are.