RE: [Rollei] Re: Coating and Collimating

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2187B.5C565140

Douglas Anthony Cooper wrote: (edited):
This surprises me -- John made a point of explaining to me that he closely
replicates the original purple, but applies the coating at a much higher
temperature, which makes it harder.  I was also under the impression that
coating colors don't really affect the color of transmitted light (although
that does seem a bit counterintuitive).  How does the color shift manifest?

You see a slightly different color on transparency film compared to another
Xenotar.
Minor but it is there.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2187B.5C565140

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: [Rollei] Re: Coating and Collimating</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Douglas Anthony Cooper wrote: (edited):</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>This surprises me -- John made a point of explaining to me that he closely</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>replicates the original purple, but applies the coating at a much higher</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>temperature, which makes it harder.&nbsp; I was also under the impression that</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>coating colors don't really affect the color of transmitted light (although</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>that does seem a bit counterintuitive).&nbsp; How does the color shift manifest?</FONT>
</P>

</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>You see a slightly different color on transparency film compared to another Xenotar.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Minor but it is there.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2187B.5C565140--