Re: [Rollei] GX/FX selftimer??now record speeds!

At 02:57 AM 06/04/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>An older grammophone I have, has a setting for 16 rpm. Do you know what
>types of records that's for?
>
>/Patric

  16-2/3 rpm was introduced for talking books. I don't remember the date
but think it was probably around the mid or late 1950's. A victim of
cassette tape. I think there were also dictating machines using this speed.
All sorts of curious machines appeared for dictating use including those
using magnetic discs and belts.
- ----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA