Re: [Rollei] Question to the group

So, here is what I eventually found out. That the flash did
not fire was the fault of the lens!
Pentax lenses are designed such, that in the moment before
the shutter is opened, a little lever 'releases' the iris and
the iris blades are then closed to the preset f-stop by means
of an internal spring. On this particular lens some grease
had gotten onto the iris mechanism and made it a little stiff
in operation. When the lever let go the iris, it simply took
the spring 'a while' to close the blades, to the effect that
the TTL meter took its measurement with the iris still
(almost) open and consequentially did not fire the flash.
The reason why I think this could not have happened on a
Rollei is that on Rollei QBM lenses the iris is forced to
close by a push rod.

Sven Keller