[Rollei] Re: 2.8C or D?

Craig Roberts wrote:

> At any rate, I see no sense in paying $950 for a 2.8C.  It sure is pretty,
> though.

I know what you mean... there is something about a nice clean 2.8 C which is
just a strikingly beautiful and clean piece of industrial design...

> Heck, I love my modest MX-EVS with Tessar, confounded spring-loaded EVS
> coupling and all.

You will be amazed at how subtle are the difference between the tessar on
the MX-EVS and the planars/xenotars on the Es/Fs... by around f/5.6 or f/8,
you're hard pressed to see them, and many shooters prefer the look of the
tessars at the wider apertures, particularly shooting heads...

Good luck Craig and take your time finding the right camera and deal...

Eric Goldstein