Re: [Rollei] Cosina 50mm F3.5 Heliar

At 03:33 PM 11/28/01 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>And, if that's the case, then can't one view having
>the Cosina lenses bear these venerable names more a tribute to great
>lenses of an earlier age than anything else?

According to Erwin, the new lenses are substantial performers.  I am
unaware of any direct tests between these lenses and the Voigtlander lenses.

The reason why they shouldn't be called by the names Cosina has given them
is, again, one of integrity:  a Heliar IS a lens of a Heliar design, not a
totally different design.

Marc

msmall    FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!