[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Rollei] Planar lens design changes from 2.8E to 2.8F

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C16E03.721AC9C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Great idea.  He can clean it up and coat it.  I remember his coating price
was $125 for single elements.
Let me know how it works out.

I can see you got to Marc with your Elmar comment.  He gets easily ruffled
when it comes to what he owns.
One time I explained that a source indicated there was a 6-element 2.8 lens
for the Rollei that was in only a few cameras.
He went nuts! A week's worth of rebuttals, etc.  I had heard it from a
repairman who was trained in Germany.
He was an elderly gent so perhaps he did not remember clearly, but you can
imagine what Marc was like when all this came out.

Peter K

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jay Kumarasamy [mailto:jayk  ]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:07 AM
To: rollei  us
Cc: 'rollei
Subject: RE: [Rollei] Planar lens design changes from 2.8E to 2.8F

Peter,

I need to give Mr. Stelten a call.  I have a pristine un-coated
Summar, with faint fogging.  I was thinking of getting it cleaned by
JVS or DAG. Maybe I can get it coated, by JVS.  It might cost
quite a bit, but it might be worth it.

- - Jay

At 09:44 AM 11/15/2001 -0800, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:

Jay, et al,

John Van Stelten recoated a Xenotar 2.8 for me. Very very good job.
One thing to note, it is single coated but is a different coating than
that originally designated for the glass. The result is a slight color
shift you will see on transparencies.

Peter K

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jay Kumarasamy [ mailto:jayk  > ]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 6:08 PM
> To: rollei
> Cc: rollei
> Subject: Re: [Rollei] Planar lens design changes from 2.8E to 2.8F
> Kip,
> You may be right.  I knew he does lens coating, but not all
> the details.  I have sent some of my Leica lenses to him
> for cleaning, which are now in perfect condition.
> BTW, the 50/2.8 Elmar M even beats the 50/2.0 Summicron LTM ,
> though the
> Summicron is about 8-10 years older..
> - Jay
> At 07:54 PM 11/14/2001 -0600, Kip Babington wrote:
> >FWIW, my understanding is that John Van Stelten does single layer
> >coating of lenses (and very well, too, from what I've heard)
> but that he
> >does not do multicoating.  I've read somewhere, probably on
> this or the
> >Leica list, that multicoating is a very involved process that takes a
> >substantial industrial plant to do, so that basically only the lens
> >factories are equipped to do it.
> >

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4807.2300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Great
idea.&nbsp; He can clean it up and coat it.&nbsp; I remember his coating price
was $125 for single elements.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Let me
know how it works out.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I can
see you got to Marc with your Elmar comment.&nbsp; He gets easily ruffled when
it comes to what he owns.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>One
time I explained that a source indicated there was a 6-element 2.8 lens for the
Rollei that was in only a few cameras.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>He
went nuts! A week's worth of rebuttals, etc.&nbsp; I had heard it from a
repairman who was trained in Germany.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>He was
an elderly gent so perhaps he did not remember clearly, but you can imagine what
Marc was like when all this came out.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=074173118-15112001><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Peter
K</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Jay Kumarasamy
  [mailto:jayk  ]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:07
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> rollei  BR><B>Cc:</B>
  'rollei  <BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Rollei] Planar lens
  design changes from 2.8E to 2.8F<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>Peter,<BR><BR>I need to
  give Mr. Stelten a call.&nbsp; I have a pristine un-coated <BR>Summar, with
  faint fogging.&nbsp; I was thinking of getting it cleaned by<BR>JVS or DAG.
  Maybe I can get it coated, by JVS.&nbsp; It might cost<BR>quite a bit, but it
    size=2>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 6:08 PM</FONT> <BR><FONT
    size=2>&gt; To: rollei  /FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>&gt;
    Cc: rollei  /FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>&gt; Subject: Re:
    [Rollei] Planar lens design changes from 2.8E to 2.8F</FONT> <BR><FONT
    size=2>&gt; </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>&gt; </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>&gt;
    Kip,</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>&gt; </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>&gt; You may be
    right.&nbsp; I knew he does lens coating, but not all</FONT> <BR><FONT
    size=2>&gt; the details.&nbsp; I have sent some of my Leica lenses to