Re: [Rollei] TLR External Bayonet Mount Query

At 11:10 AM 11/13/2001 EST, you wrote:
>Hello RUGfolks,
>
>When I place my genuine Rollei Bay II lens hood on the taking lens' external
>bayonet and turn it clockwise it does not come to a stop in the proper
>position but travels somewhat farther in its clockwise rotation.  This
>necessitates my turning it counter-clockwise to position it properly.
>
>Am I expecting too much of the Gentlemen of Braunsweig to ask that it stop
in
>the proper position and travel no farther?
>
>Vincent L. Gookin
>vinlin92

  The lens hood has a spring loaded ring inside with cut-outs to fit the
flange on the bayonet. It should click into place crisply. I wonder if
perhaps the inner part of your hood is damaged somehow. I just checked a
couple of hoods (Bay I and III) which locate reasonably accurately.
- ----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk