Re: [Rollei] Petri Color 35 vs Rollei 35

> From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk  >
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:28:19 -0800
> To: "'rollei
> Subject: RE: [Rollei] Petri Color 35 vs Rollei 35
>
> Bob,
>
> Is this the same thing as with the Konica Hexar RF where Leica M and Konica M
> lenses are slightly difrerent?
> I mean is it due to the slight difference in the flange distance as I recall?
>
> Peter K

No.  The Leica CL lens has a different pitch on its rangefinder cam. The
camera was only intended for the three lenses made for it.  With wide angle
lenses you can probably get away with it since depth of field will cover
the focusing error, but normal and tele would probably not work well.

Bob