Re: [Rollei] Petri Color 35 vs Rollei 35

- --MS_Mac_OE_3088484563_43798_MIME_Part

on 11/12/01 6:31 PM, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) at peterk   wrote:

Great lens provinding you get the right focus point.  But if you miss.....
That's were a rangefinder comes in handy. Give me a somewhat less resolving
lens
but with far more accurate focus (read that as built-in rangefinder vs.
none) anyday.

Peter K

You have to get some practice with this, but it's not really very hard,
especially with a forgiving 40mm lens, and the use of depth of field in
tough situations.

I also carry an old  flash mount rangefinder, (which I typically hang around
my neck when I carry the 35), just in case more critical focusing is
required.

This camera (the Rollei 35) is not a point and shoot. If I want to take some
snaps, I carry my Konica C35. A very good little camera, with a nice lens.

Brian

- --
Brian W Keske
7 miles west of Burke Lakefront Airport
Cleveland/Rocky River, Ohio
http://bkeske.tripod.com/brianwkeske/

- --MS_Mac_OE_3088484563_43798_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Rollei] Petri Color 35 vs Rollei 35</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>