Re: [Rollei] OT - enlargers

Hi!

     In 4x5 size enlarger I'd get a SuperChromega over the Beseler 4x5
arrangements, I've used both.  That Beseler motor is tiresome, I can
move the Chromega with it's lightweight head and hand crank easily and
quickly, that Beseler motor is too slow.  I'm seeing lots of these 4x5
Chromegas sell for very reasonable, they have a convienent timer and
voltage regulator.

     Of course, if you are only want smaller format, then the Beseler
23 is best and I've used this professionally and it doesn't have it's
big brother's motor.  Currently, I'm using a Durst M600 because of
space considerations.  I like the moving masks.  I'll probably upgrade.
BTW, I'm enjoying the condensers as a change from an Aristo head.

                                                                Cheers,

                                                    Rich Lahrson
                                                    tripspud@transbay.et