Re: [Rollei] Tripod threads was: Hello and Question

Bob

Today I checked all my camera tripod sockets and bushings
on an optical comparator and I get the following results from
all of them:

    1/4-20 tpi. 60 +/-2 degree angle

    3/8-16 tpi  60 +/-2 degree angle

None exhibited a 55 degree thread form.

This is not to say that there are not some British cameras out there
with a 55 degree Whitworth thread form, made before the Brits
went to a 60 degree form, which is also characteristic of Metric
threads.

To show you how far the Brits could go, they also have a 47 1/2
degree form called British Association Standard.

BTW, the cameras that I measured were German, Swedish, and Japanese.

Jerry