Re: [Rollei] Darkroom!

Bob Shell wrote:

> > From: "mark blackman" <mark.blackman1  >
> > Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:30:03 +0100
> > To: <rollei
> > Subject: Re: [Rollei] Darkroom!
> >
> > Whilst you are in such a happy mood, can I pick your brains on an off-topic
> > matter? I'm looking for a B&W enlarger than can handle 4x5 film. I guess
> > it'll have to be new as I've only ever seen them for sale in the US section
> > of e-bay with subsequent horrendous shipping costs. I'm not looking for
> > anything too fancy and price is a major concern. Any recommendations from
> > the list.
>
> If you only want to print black and white and like the look produced by a
> condenser enlarger I'd look for an Omega D2 or D2V .  They are built to last
> and among the most solid enlargers ever made.  I used one for 25 years and
> only got rid of it when I moved into color printing.
>
> Bob

I'll second that Bob and all that's what i use now with an Aristo VCL 4500
coldlight head.
I think the D series has the widest possible third party heads to fit it.
And it is completely align able with out third part add ons.
I do have a thing in my negative stage though which i got from Zig-align to ease
that alignment with simple thumb screws.
http://www.zig-align.com/

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA