Re: [Rollei] Rolleiflex 3.5F Lightmeter adjustment

At 05:25 AM 9/23/01 GMT, you wrote:

>The angle of view for a selenium meter is very large.

  I calibrated my Rollei meters to "sunny f16" using the clip-on diffuser
and they've been reasonably in agreement with each other and other
incident-light meters throughout their useful range.

  I never did figure out a reliable way to check or calibrate them without
the diffuser, reading reflected light, since they "see" such a huge angle
of view of unknown shape and angle. Readings given in real scenes are
wildly variable.

  So...the meters work great as incident-light meters but I think otherwise
they're worse than experienced guessing.

John Hicks

jbh