Re: [Rollei] Removing the 3.5F front cover (was non-rollei accessories)

A thousand pardons for again having misled. My selftimer, which wouldn't
release the shutter before I started this project, now in fact does release
the shutter, after reassembly. This in spite of the fact that I made no
deliberate attempt to affect it. That is the kind of success that I can
accept, even though it does nothing to bolster my ego as a 'marvelous
maintenance man' :-)
For now, I'm not pursuing an effort to make the shutter release as smooth as
my 2 Yashicamat 124s. It works, is marginally better than it was, and I am
more interested in using the camera than sending it out, or taking it more
apart. But the urge to "have another go" will no doubt pressure me sometime
in the future.
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and ideas.

pk