Re: [Rollei] OT: Rollei SUV

Well, they can always stick a Cummins diesel engine in there . . . . The
new generation diesels are as clean as gasoline ones, and they burn 20%
less fuel per mile. Of course, you lose some of the instant acceleration,
but heck, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

- -_______________
Andrei D. Calciu (VA-4270)
NEC America, Inc.

                    Matthew Phillips
                    <mlphilli
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-rollei  o-        Subject:     Re: [Rollei] OT: Rollei SUV
                    alto.ca.us

                    06/23/00 11:59 AM
                    Please respond to rollei

>.....what you would have would be
>something more akin to the Lamborghini LM002 with the off road features of
>the Hummer, the plush interior of the Mercedes S-class and the power of
the
>12 cilinder Lamborghini engine...

....and about as environmentally as friendly as a plutonium dump. Parden me
for getting on my anti sp'ute soapbox, but its a mystery to me how people
intent on promoting a fashionably out-doorsy image need to to drive a
vehicle that spews 3-5 times the emissions of their last sedan. Or insist
on driving a $40K vehicle that goes 8 miles to a gallon of gas, then go
ballistic over the hike in pump prices. People that damn stupid deserve to
get duped. Trouble is, they endanger the rest of the driving (and
breathing) public.