Re: [Rollei] Rollei 2.8F Planar

I admit,

when I wrote the item 4 description I was in a rush. I meant "advances in
the coating of the more recent models" and I was thinking in particular of
the very late F and GX models that had the benefits of multicoating (HFT or
otherwise). For expediency I chose to right a brief line. In retrospect, I
should have been more generous with my typed words to avoid being
misleading.

- -_______________
Andrei D. Calciu
NEC America, Inc.

                    Marc James Small
                    <msmall
                    >                               cc:
                    Sent by:                        Subject:     Re: [Rollei] Rollei 2.8F Planar
                    owner-rollei  o-
                    alto.ca.us

                    06/15/00 07:56 PM
                    Please respond to rollei

At 09:32 AM 6/15/2000 -0400, calciua   wrote:

>Some of the explanations for superior Rollei results are:
>4.- Coating in most recent lenses

I stammer.  More than half of the Rolleiflex TLR's ever made had coated
lenses.  Coated Zeiss Tessars on Automat Type 3's have been noted with
production dates as early as 1946, and I suspect they were made so several
years earlier.  Heck, the final runs of 2.8F's we now know had multi-coated
lenses, though not so marked -- and pace Prochnow!

Marc

msmall    FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!