Re: [Rollei] Rollei 2.8F Planar

Some of the explanations for superior Rollei results are:
1.- solid body with absolute alignment (unless you play football/socker
with the camera)
2.- light baffles in most modern cameras
3.- high quality standards in lens manufacturing (2.8 Tessar not
withstanding)
4.- Coating in most recent lenses
5.- waist level viewer

- -_______________
Andrei D. Calciu
NEC America, Inc.

                    Roland Smith
                    <roland
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-rollei  Planar
                    alto.ca.us

                    06/14/00 10:17 PM
                    Please respond to rollei

Hello Andrei:

I will test your suggestions.   I also usually carry a bean bag and
sometimes a Bogen monopod.

I am just not accustomed to using my Rolleis off a tripod and find the box
shape a foreign object, especially, when compared to a folding medium
format
camera like the Fujica or the Super Ikonta.

What I experience continually is that the Zeiss lenses on the Rollei seem
yield superior results.

Best regards,
Roland Smith
roland