Re: [Rollei] ROLLEIFLEX OLD TIME PRICES

Yes, but you have to remember how much things cost in 1966!
In 1966 my rent on a nice two-bedroom apartment near Dupont
Circle in DC was $ 60 a month, so that 2.8F cost half a year's
 rent!!!!   I made less than $ 100 a week at the time
in a government job, so the camera cost about a month's pay.

In other words, these were damned expensive cameras!

I bought a well used Nikon F with a 50mm f/2 lens around that
time for $ 75.

Bob