Re: [Rollei] Was 2.8B, now 2.8A

At 09:44 AM 5/31/2000 -0700, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:

>The prototype of the 2.8A was built in 1938 with a new 2.8 Tessar if I am
>not mistaken.  In one reference it is alleged a Bay 1 yet in Prochnow he
>claims the bay size was later called Bay 2.  Have you had one and were you
>able to determine which it was?

The 2.8A was supposed to be an answer to the last Zeiss Ikon effort to
compete with Rollei, the Ikoflex III.  They shared the identical lens and,
in fact, the identical lens run, though the Rolleiflex 2.8A did not appear
until the Ikoflex III had been in the grave for more than a decade.

The 2.8A has a Bayo II fitment, I believe, though I haven't one here to
check.  Andre Calciu, some years back, told me I couldn't have one ....

Marc

msmall    FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!