[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Rollei] Agfa Rondinax 60 Developing Tank
- Subject: Re: [Rollei] Agfa Rondinax 60 Developing Tank
- From: Richard Urmonas <rurmonas >
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:54:49 +1030
Your deductions sound correct.
Let me summarise the instructions from the book:
- - Bring tank and solutions to temperature. You need 130-150 ml of solutions
- - draw the film clip out and hang it over the side of the tank.
- - remove the film guide (the one which guides the film onto the spool).
- - tighten the small knob inside the film wind knob. The film wind knob should
still be able to turn.
- - Pour developer into bottom of tank.
- - Replace the film guide, ribs uppermost, end should rest on spiral.
- - Break seal on film
- - place film into clips above the light tight chamber, paper should come off
top and exit away from the spiral (as you deduced)
- - unspool about 10cm (4 inches) of paper
- - replace lid, TURN LEVER TO POSITION 2. (Note the film clip is still hanging
out of the tank)
- Slowly and evenly pull the paper downwards at an oblique angle.
- - When Number 1 on paper is visible AND resistance is felt (i.e. you have hit
the tape holding film to paper)
- - TURN LEVER TO POSITION 1. and open the tank.
- - unclip the spool, hold BOTH ends of the paper in one hand, the film end in
the other, also APPLY SOME PRESSURE TO KEEP THE LEVER IN POSITION 1.
- - place the tape joint over the knife edge of the tank and sever the tape.
- - fasten the clip exactly in the middle of the film end. Use the cutout in the
knife edge as a guide.
- - Close the lid. LEVER TO POSITION 2.
- - Turn the film wind knob in the direction of the arrow.
- - Agitiation is by short jerky movements of the knob in the arrowed direction.
About half a turn every other second for the entire development time.
- - Pour out the developer. This is via the spout in one corner of the tank
THE FILM WIND KNOB SHOULD BE TURNED CONTINUOUSLY DURING DRAINING
- - Three short washes in water TURNING KNOB CONTINUOUSLY.
- - Add fixer and agitate continuously
- - Remove lid and inspect the film. If any milkiness shows continue fixing.
- - Pour off fixer turning knob continuously.
- - final wash can be inside the tank or outside the tank.
If inside the tank remove the film guide. ROtate the film knob to get rid
of bubbles then turn knob occasionally.
If outside unscrew the small knob inside the film wind knob. This will allow
the film wind knob to be removed and so the spiral removed.
If you want a photocopy/scan of the manual contact me off list.