Re: 12/24

>Info to Marc: the only number behind the take-up spool on my Rollei 35S was
>#38.4311 00.
>
>Now I would like someone's help in solving my dilemna:
>
>While using the Rolleiflex 12/24 model, when you load with 220 film; is the
>12/24 knob with numbers on it supposed to be positioned with the 12 in the
>up position or the 24 in the up position. Then after the twelfth exposure,
>do you depress the lever and turn the 12/24 knob and release the shutter
>again. Haven't used it in so long and don't have the instruction book
>anymore, I think I wasted twelve shots due to my own stupidity cause the
>film counter never reset itself to 1.

Hello Harold Bean,

For 220 start with the "24" on top. After the 12th exposure you will not
be able to cock the shutter. At this point change the switch so that the
"12" is on top. This will reset the counter to 0 (zero). Then depress the
release button fully again (this will not cause a double exposure since
you have not cocked the camera twice, it will only release the transport
mechanism so you can wind it again).
At this point you can wind up to #1 again and shoot the second twelve
exposures.
There will be a gap of about one frame in the middle of the roll.
After the second twelve you will be able to wind the film onto the spool
just as when you shoot 120.

Thank You
Harry Fleenor

Oceanside Camera Repair
909 Aviation blvd. Suite#4
Manhattan Beach, Ca  90266
310 374 6506
hfleenor  us
Repairing Rollei including SL66,TLR., R35, SL35
30 years Rollei experience including 15 yrs.Rollei factory service center.