[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Tele-Rolleiflexes
- From: jredfern dfern)
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:01:59 -0500
I've been having so much fun making pictures with my 2.8F of late that a
recent brushing against against a Tele-Rolleiflex has sent me into
uncontrolled camera lust. I thought I was immune to this behaviour and
considered myself somewhat jaded when it came to equipment.
Trouble is, I know next to nothing about these beauties. Whilst
scanning an old copy of Shutterbug I found mention of 3 different types
with pricing that was, frankly, all over the place.
Would anyone know the differences between the models and have any
tips as to appropriate pricing?
I would also appreciate hearing from anyone who actually owns one
and who would care to share their experiences from a USER's point of view.
I was also told by an acquaintance that one should be aware that
many Tele-Rolleiflexes are in fact converted from later model 2.8s. Anyone
else heard this?
Questions that spring to mind are:
- - Any reasons for avoiding them?
- - Closest focusing distance?
- - Lens any good? (Is it essentially the same 150mm Sonnar as is on my 'blad?)
- - Any recent developments in the world of medicine that might benefit
someone stricken with old camera lust?
- - Good yarns to spin on the wife/bank manager/studio manager that would
help justify adding "another creaky old camera" to the inventory?
(Thank God Rollei-wides are worth more than their weight in Cocaine.)