Re: SL 66 Screen & Lightmeter Repair

I had problems with corrosion of the battery compartment, but that was
solved by opening the case and finding acid corrosion inside along the +
wire lead to the circuit board. Had to replace wire and now works
perfectly. I'll send you a copy tomorrow and hopefully this will give you
some knowledge on how to use. One tip: turning the dial will give you a low
light reading and a high light reading, depending which pointer you use.
The dark one for low light, the light one for bright light. Fairly simple
and a great meter.
Enjoy the literature.

Harold

- ----------
> From: Jan Decher <dech0001  >
> To: rollei  us
> Subject: Re: SL 66 Screen & Lightmeter Repair
> Date: Sunday, December 15, 1996 2:02 PM
>
>  Harold:
>
> Yes, it is a Metrastar.  Your description was perfect.  I would really
> appreciate a copy of the manual and will attach my address below.  I got
a new
> battery in Germany, but the only thing that sems to work properly is the
> 0-adjustment described on the bottom of the meter.  What is your
experience with
> the meter?  Is it accurate (when it works)?  Does the company Metrawatt
AG still