Re: 2 bath developer?

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Matthew L. Phillips wrote:
SNIP
> But now that I'm using my Rollei 35 more I would like to try the slower
> speed Agfapan 25 and Ilford Pan F Plus films. My past experience with these
> films haven't been altogether positive. The contrast range I've gotten from
> Pan F (souped in ID-11, also HC-110, dil. B) have been unprintable more
> than once. Certainly not what I'm used to with XP2.
SNIP
> At Photokina a new Paterson black and white two-bath developer was
> announced. This developer is supposed to be very flexible in that it can be
> used at any temperature from 65 to 85 degrees at a single fixed development
> time; differing types of black and white films can be processed in the same
> tank. It is reported to have a very long tonal scale and fine grain.
>
> This developer formula, or one very similar, has been around for years.
> Does anyone know off hand what it is called or have any experience with it?
> Any other suggestions? Comments? Thanks.

	Sure!  I would give Rodinal 1:50-1:75 a try:  it's a great
developer for use with slow and even medium speed films.  Although the
grain is a little larger than with D-76, the accutance is incredible and
the tonal scale is really lovely and easily controlled by varying the
dilution - you can vary it from 1:25 to 1:100.  It's also very cheap and
keeps very well.

Just my 2 cents
Gary Toop