Re: Rollei prism

The insides of the Rollei prisms were coated or sprayed with a flat black
paint to reduce reflections. Sounds to me like your paint is loosening.
Suggest removal of prism inside housing. Scrape as much of the old paint
off and after cleaning with denatured alcohol; tape the outside of the
prism so it's fully protected with masking tape and paper; then buy a good
commercial auto flat black spray paint and repaint the inside. I have done
this to one of my lens hoods and it came out excellent.

Harold