Re: Replacement screens?

I posed this question to users of Rollei TLR's because I seem to have a
focusing problem with my new Beattie screen that I don't have with plain or
microprism screens. When I used the magnifier in the hood, I found my
eyeglasses have to be touching the magnifier in order to check for sharp
focus and without the magnifier, I really can't tell when it's in focus or
not since the edges seem softer than the rangefinder spot. I believe I may
try another focusing screen and see if the results are the same. Posing
this question on what everyone else has used gives me a better idea to what
may work better.

Thanks
Harold

- ----------
> From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs  >
> To: rollei  us
> Subject: Re: Replacement screens?
> Date: Sunday, October 27, 1996 6:17 PM
>
> At 01:52 PM 10/27/96 -0800, Harold Bean wrote:
> >Could anyone answer the question of whether a plain grid screen may be
> >better than a split image screen for a user Rollei TLR.
>
> I think this depends on how you focus and how you are shooting.  I put a
new
> screen in with the split image and I never use the split image.
Sometimes